IGNORE PREVIOUS Re: EOD Update

Ignore previous post. I just worked it out.
The default.format file does not include ticker. Since my EOD prn
file has the format ticker,date.... format it was producing an error.

The first line should read as:
$FORMAT ticker,Date_YMD,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume
-------(NOTE:insertion of ticker)

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxx, sam_bo99@xxxx wrote:
> Hi Tomasz,
>
> I am having a small problem trying to update the database with the
> EOD prn file.
>
> When i go to import ascii and choose my file (20001213.prn) and
error
> occurs (Invalid date format/value). I have tried to modify the
> default.format file so that DATE_DMY becomes DATE_YMD but i still
get
> the same error.
>
> I have also tried using another program to update the files in the
> Amibroker/data{a-z} directory. The EOD files are successfully
> converted
> and stored correctly in the appropritae sub directory, but when i
> load Amibroker it still does not display the new dates. However if
> import all the data again choosing import metastock it is fine. But
> as you know it is time consuming importing all the date again.
>
> Do I have to make additional changes to the default.format file,
What