Re: [amibroker] Importing from ASX data

Ian,

I import the data you refer to without problems. You need to understand what is happening.

First, go through your database and delete anything you don't want eg say WHEAT, etc. Anything which is not a 3 character ticker is a candidate - however its probably a good idea to leave things like the NASDAQ and NIKKEI which you might want

Once you've done that you can set an option to only import what is in you database. I've forgotton what this option is but tonight I'll send you the relevant Amibroker parameter files for this. You then copy these into the relevant directories. I'll let you know what these are when I send the files.

When you import the files in V 3.41 which Tomasz has just released (Thanks Tomasz - it's great as always !) you get an error log coming up on screen. You can choose to ignore this - but I have a quick scan through to see what3 character tickers have not been imported. These may be new listings which you may want to add to your database. If they are you can edit down the .prn file to just those tickers and import that file - but you'll need ensure the flag is set to allow import of new tickers. I would not expect you'd need to do that often unless you're into trading floats.

A couple of other tips - make sure you're in the egroup for www.australian-stockmarket.com so the data (the .prn file) is emailed to you automatically. Go to www.egroups.com or www.australian-stockmarket.com to do this. The group to be in is stockmarketupdates.

Also have a look at www.stoploss.com.au it should also be of use.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Geoff