Re: Importing from ASX data

Hello Ian,

Even though AmiBroker generates error messages during import this
does not affect the import process unless $BREAKONERR 1 flag is set.
So faulty data are simply ignored (skipped) and your import goes on.
So AmiBroker database has all good data without the trash ;-)
If it is not enough - try to locate better data source.
Also - cleanup script - presented in 5th issue of AmiBroker tips
newsletter may help in removing non-traded stocks.

Hope it helps,
Tomasz Janeczko

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Ian MacPherson" <iandmac@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello Tomasz
>
> I have been very interested in Amibroker for some time (as one of
the
> few real alternatives to Metastock) and have been trying to
download
> and import the historical data from the Australian stockmarket.com
> site. While many of the stocks import cleanly there seems to be
alot
> of rubbish data amongst it and I get very long lists of errors.
Does