Re: [amibroker] Porting AmiBroker to Linux and/or BeOS

Hello Paolo,

> > 1. What do you think about porting AmiBroker to Linux?
> I would prefer you release AmiBroker as Free Software (GPL licence) and
> then ask people money to improve it.
> > 2. Will you switch to using Linux version instead of Amiga version?
> I've switched from Amiga to a Linux box 2 years ago. now I use only
> Linux and ONLY free software (free as freedom, not money). I would like
> to see AmiBroker on Linux, but - well I'm repeating myself - I would
> much more prefer to see it released under GPL.

GPL is a nice thing for the users but... it is not so nice to give away
the sources which you have worked out for over 5 years!
It is incredible amount of work to develop the software like AmiBroker.
There are millions of lines of source code that were written from the
scratch.
After all, AmiBroker is provided to you to improve the way you invest
on stock market and it should bring you money. So I guess there is
nothing wrong in asking $49 for the software.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko