Re: Ascii to xpo converter

Are we talking about a LIVE ticker plant or a repository of data?
Data (tick and EOD) can be purchased from exchanges or third partys and
if cleared, legally resold.
All this for a fraction of $500K/year.
LG

"cwest" <cwest@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I forget the persons name, but he developed a third party server for
collecting data. I believe neotick uses it. I recall reading emails from
him
that one ought to budget for $10K a month for collecting data. Services,
fees, etc. In other words $10k a month for a "ticker-plant" if you will.
When I looked into it, his estimate wasn't far from reality. Then
there's
another issue about distributing data as one has to agree not to, even
get
it, irrespective of whether it's considered public info or not.

Now to the economics of a ticker-plant. I'd guess one ought budget for
at
least $250k a year. It's got to be a real service/business for the
investment necessary and to meet everyone's expectations. I'm probably
underestimating. It's been my experience that ALL projects take longer
and
cost more than anticipated. Lets say that this service needs revenue of
about $500K a year. How many users would be required to pay how much?
Oh,
and the legal issue is still there!

Colin West