From: Denis Brink [mailto:brink@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: September 10, 2002 10:18 AM
To: OMEGA-LIST~~ESKIMO
Subject: TS2k on XP, SP5 -- decompression failed

TS2k on XP, NTFS.

Trying to install SP5, InstallShield complains "decompression of %s failed.
There may not be enough free space in the TEMP directory", there is plenty
of space. The %s suggests perhaps something is wrong with a file name.

SP4 installed without problem. I'm new to XP and thought this may be
connected with folder permissions so have tried to set \temp to allow other
users to 'change' files (which seems to involve allowing network users to
share it). Also tried to untick the 'Read-only' box, but it always reappears
as sort of greyed-out (you can change it, but it doesn't stay changed).  Any
hints gratefully received.