Re: tradingmarkets.com may sell your address

And who are those "affiliates" sharing with?

Kent

----- Original Message -----
From: "ztrader" <ztrader@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: tradingmarkets.com may sell your address

On Wednesday, August 21, 2002, 4:03:41 PM, Alex Matulich wrote:

AM> Their privacy policy looked decent enough,

"We use the information you provide during registration to offer you
personalized collection, filtering, and delivery of information..."

"We may also compile and use this information so that we may ... offer
new products and services that may be of interest to you"

"All information submitted to TRADINGMARKETS.COM via this Website
shall be deemed and remain the property of TRADINGMARKETS.COM, and we
shall be free to use, for any purpose,..."

"TRADINGMARKETS.COM shall not be subject to any obligations of
confidentiality regarding submitted information,... "

Doesn't sound that good to me.

AM> But I also have becun receiving spam to that address.  And the
AM> spam is all financial/investment-related.  Coincidence?

Probably not. They are merely sharing with "affiliates", and this is
considered OK.

ztrader