advanced automation tool evaluation

Not too infrequently there are posts to emails list, particularly the
omegalist, where someone is searching for a macro builder or a way to
automate repetitive tasks. For example, in generic terms Macro Express is
usually suggested as a solution, but users often air concerns about
limitations they've encountered. However, more advanced tools of this genre
cost considerably more than ME.

An advanced tool that's come to my notice, although I haven't used it, is
"automate 5" (www.unisyn.com <http://www.unisyn.com> ). It seems (to me at
least) that to independently determine the capabilities and limitations of
an advanced automation tool, "we" need a volunteer or two who in return for
a free and unrestricted copy would really shake it down and write a
no-holds-barred critique.

Given that automate 5 earned real-world glowing comments from running "our"
gauntlet, then the issue of price is next addressed. At a retail price of
$350, it's too expensive imho. However, if it could be cooperatively
purchased for (far) less than $100, then it could be a good-value tool.
Before even contemplating a price poll for automate 5, I'd suggest "we" need
a peer critique.

I suggested this approach to www.unisyn.com <http://www.unisyn.com> , and my
take is they'd like to participate. So to progress towards the next step, is
there anyone on the list who'd like to volunteer to do a rather thorough
evaluation of the product. At least you'd get to keep it for your effort. As
a prerequisite to a thorough evaluation I think it's preferable that anyone
considering volunteering ought to download a limited time demo of the
software to get an initial feel for its capabilities before responding.

Please respond to the list traders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:traders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> . If you're not one of the 200+
trader/programmers who haven't subscribed yet I'd appreciate it if you
could. (Here's the link to subscribe
http://traders2traders.com/support/optin.htm
<http://traders2traders.com/support/optin.htm> ).

Thank you.