RE: Satellite data feed faster than landlines ?

Robert,

I have run them both on the same computer for months on end.  I use DTN
satellite and have used several different internet connections from
cable modem to ISDN and 56K with different suppliers.  I used TS6 for
some time also.  I find the internet price will arrive a fraction of a
second before the satellite price is many cases.  However you can only
get a few symbols internet before the line is overwhelmed.  I collect
over 20,000 symbols from DTN and have collected over 30,000 with no
problem.  I know you couldn't  collect nearly that many by internet from
one source even with T1.

Math tell us it is 50,000 miles round turn to a satellite so with a
radio transmission running at 286,000 miles per second it takes less
than a fifth of a second to travel up and down.  Equipment delays
probably add some more delay but my trading isn't good enough to worry
about even a one second delay.  One other factor is the order in which
the trades are sent.  Some vendors give priority to one set of symbols
over others.

Jimmy