Number of symbols per directory

What are the maximum number of symbols I can have in only 1 directory in
either Metastock or ASCII format

I could not find any reference to this on the 2000i knowledge base or faq's

I also sent an email to  2000i software support and got the following auto
reply - does this mean that there is no more direct support for 2000i?

Thank you for choosing Tradestation Technologies, Inc.

To maximize your TradeStation experience, all e-mail support services have
been migrated to www.TradeStationWorld.com. TradeStationWorld.com was
designed to enhance TradeStation 6's level of support through Discussion
Forums, Articles, and an EasyLanguage library called EasyLanguage Exchange.
Our support technicians will be monitoring the 2000i software support
discussion forums to respond to frequently asked and certain other
user-posted questions.