Re: Floating Point Invalid

This is the result of a "Feature" implemented by TS.  The techie
programmers at TS insisted on implementing "enhanced precision checking"
despite strong protests from this user and others.  To fix the problem,
turn off the "Feature" by opening the Power Editor.   Go to the menu and
select VIEW/OPTIONS and deselect the offending "Feature."  This should
eliminate these erroneous messages.

At 08:48 PM 8/13/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I have recently purchased a very impressive indicator package for use in
>TS 2000i. The indicator draws many "trendlines" in addidtion to other
>things. Unfortunately, I can only successfully apply the indicator to my
>charts on rare occassions. Instead I typically get a Runtime Error from
>TS - "Floating Point invalid numbers in calculation."
>
>The indicator vendor insists that this problem is occurring on my
>Windows 2000 NT Professional
>machine due to a problem with a video card and or driver. Has anyone out
>there experienced this
>problem and, better yet - successfully dealt with it. I've seen previous
>posts which
>describe the cause of this problem to be related to code/software, but
>the vendor is quite confident
>that I'm dealing with a video problem and that someone out there could
>help.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Chuck Tannenbaum

Bill Brower