Re: Daytrading stocks...

In the old days, 3 to 5 cents was enough for most daytraders. But then, a
good daytrader could make that fairly easily. It's a lot tougher now and
different techniques should be used. A friend of min mostly daytrades and is
generally happy with 10 cents. Even with only 1000 shares that's $100 gross
and probably about $80 net. 4 of those a day and you've got a comfortable
living in many parts of the country. Of course, you'd want to increase number
of trades, lot size, and win size to compensate for losing trades. But I
would consider 4 wins of 10 cents at 1000 shares as "reasonable" minimums.

Why would a person care about "reasonable" minimums? Because then you can use
techniques such as trading a double lot size and selling half at the minimum
gain. Stop the other half out at break-even but let it run for more profit.
It's very relaxing being in a trade that you know cannot lose you money.  :-)
(unless you get halted, which happens from time to time)