Re: Beliefs Was:Re: Work 50-70 hours a week

TaoOfDow wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> This subject, "how much work is required for success" brings up for me a
> statement made by one of the original "Super-Traders" in the book published
> around 10 years ago; I believe it was Ed Seykota, an MIT graduate who wandered
> off into professional trading several decades ago, and who took over Tick Data
> Services in the 90s.  Anyway, his statement: "Everybody gets from the market
> exactly what they want."

I don't know about Seykota's relation with "Tick Data Services", but
Seykota did take over "Technical Tools" and word around is he drove it
into the ground. I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice to say it
all happened so fast and without notice that some former customers of TT
said it disappeared while they still had open positions!

Regards, MT