Re: Work 50-70 hours a week

Alexander wrote:
>Color me lazy!

Okay, you're lazy!

>This month's Active Trader magazine has an article, "A Trader
Checklist." It
>says, "In most cases though, being a successful trader requires
anywhere
>between 50 and 70 hours of work per week."

I can see that.  Honestly.  Well, maybe not 70 hours/week.  But I can
see putting in a full 40, working to get it down to 20.

>Doing what?

Research.  Testing.  More research.

You see, a trading strategy, especially a mechanical one, doesn't
work for all time.  Sure you can trade it for an hour a day and loaf
off the rest of the time, but there will come a day when it stops
working.  And then what?  Will you be ready for that?  Not if you
didn't put in the time to do your homework.

If you want to trade for a living, you want to make sure that you
CAN trade for a living.  And you cannot do that if you don't have
something that works.  So you prepare to always have something that
works.

>I'm just a beginner and maybe a fool but just what are you experienced
>successful people doing all that time? Or does that 50-70 hours include
yoga,
>watching daytime TV, emails to friends, washing dishes, web surfing,
making
>dates, clipping toenails?

Actually, yoga, meditation, regular exercise, and a good diet should all
be part of the "job" of trading, in my opinion.

Am I there yet?  No way.  But I'm working at it.  In every moment of
my spare time.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com