Re[2]: Trading System Programmer (2) -- Not advisable

Then work for yourself.  The fact is that too many
companies are looking for brilliant computer programmers/statisticians to
find the grand unification theory behind making constant profits with no
risk in the markets.

But the dynamics are changing once again, and I warn you that your
potential boss has the return of 1999 on his mind.  All these smart computer
programmers who use high math to capture all the wiggles of profits in
a momentous market will begin to lose their quotas because they never
paid attention stupid stuff like simple moving averages and breakout systems, which
could suddenly work very well following capitulation and when we enter a very
long period of no volatility and momentum.

So don't work for someone else and then get screwed when they change their
rear view mirror policies.  Take a risk and borrow money to buy you
time to develop your own stuff.  If you don't find anything, get a
job.  If you do, put it in a proposal and raise $$.  Then trade it
yourself and keep it to yourself.