Trading System Programmer

Obviously, there are a lot of things Tradestation/EasyLanguage cannot do.
(Ex. You are following 2 markets, trade Market X if you are up 2% on Market
Y).  So I've decided to learn how program in C/C++.

Now that I've started learning and started to grasp the whole programming,
I've realized how much more I can do toward creating a system.  It's fun
trying to improve your system and trading, simply I'm a system developing
junky and thinking of career change.  I'm wondering if there any trading
system programmer in O-list and how you got started.  Also, how much skill
you need to be, to start.

Thanks in advance.

Travis Saimoto