Stops

I trade the currencies on a EOD basis and the system I
use has two trailing stops.  The avergage winning
trade is 51 days and avegage losing trade is 16 days.
The stops work fine but I am looking to see if I can
improve performance.

I have just started testing Max Favorble Excursion and
Max Adverse excursion by Sweeney.  Has anyone used
this technique to a good result?

Also, I am reviewing the number of days in either a
losing or winning trade and seeing if can use this as
an additional stop strategy. What are your experiences
with using days in a trade to be a part of an exit
strategy?

=====
Regards,
Mike Kittelson