Return to "Norm" Question

Hello

I have a basic question related to statistics.

This has to do with the notion of return to "norm", ie that prices will
return to "norm", and that the quicker and deeper the current price has
deviated from the "norm" the the higher the probability and quicker the
time it
will take to return to the "norm"

Any ideas on what equations to use to characterize "norm", probability
and time based on a given price series or volume series data. I
understand that prices series does not follow normal distribution curve.

I don't intend to use it as a trading signal, but want to evaluate it's
value as a setup parameter

I'm looking for technique that can be tested in Excel spreadsheet. I
appreciate any ideas that forum members my have

Thank you

Kurb