Re: Backtesting

Hi Ron,

RH> The  time required to complete this process seems rather
RH> excessive, five hundred hours. Is there any way to speed
RH> up the back-testing process,

     I'd  be concerned about the number of optimizations you
     are  attempting  and  the  possibility of curve fitting
     your  results.  But  here's  how I'd work your problem:

     Start  with  a  larger increment size in your backtest.
     That  alone  will  cut down on the number of tests that
     have to be performed. With a "coarse" increment, you'll
     get an idea of where you'd like to look more carefully.
     Then  you can limit the length that your variable spans
     and run a lower increment over that smaller range.

--
Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO