Re: AW: trading the equity

> Thats how I would try to do it with TS......
> 1. What about creating a normal equity curve.
> 2. Write it in an ASCII file.
> 3. Import that file as Data2.
> 4. And then start the system again with the Data2 filter.
> Just an idea....

And a very clever one.  Nice, Volker.  That's a very simple way to
backtest a strategy with an equity-curve filter.  Just compute an EMA
of Data2 (or however you want to filter based on the equity curve)
and use that as a "trade / don't-trade" filter.

It won't work in realtime, of course, but computing and displaying
the EMA of the equity curve is trivial.  You can just manually decide
whether to take trades or not.  (Assuming your backtest shows that
it's a good idea in the first place!)

It's the backtesting that's tricky, and Volker's solution handles it
very neatly.

Gary