Re[2]: Quiet PC components

Hello Simon,

I'm using the Zalman flower cooler & fan on an Athalon +1800 (along
with the whole QuietPC setup - Northbridge chip heatsink, HDD
housings, silent PSU) and I have seen a max of 67°C on the CPU with
35°C on the mobo and 55°C on the drives. Ambient temp at that time was
around 24°C.  I have not been able to determine what an acceptable
temperature range actually is for the CPU - any ideas?

Noise - can still hear the PSU fan, but this is in a quiet room. I may
duct the fan out thru a lagged vent of some sort eventually. Total
silence would be wonderful, but probably not real likely unless I
locate the box in a cupboard or similar.

--
Best regards,
 Ross                       mail to: ross.bond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx