Re: Normalize an indicator?

Hi Ross,

RSB>   My  math is more than rusty - can someone please tell
RSB>   me  how to normalize an indicator so that it's values
RSB>   fall in a range of 0 - 100? TIA!

    I  think  all  of  the answers you will get will require
    that  you  define  some relevant range or time period in
    order to normalize. That could run from one bar back all
    the  way  to  the full data set loaded. It's your choice
    depending on your needs.

    The  stochastic  is one way to normalize your indicator.
    Many approaches take advantage of this.

{where YI = <Your Indicator> and Pds = <the number of bars
you want to consider in your normalization}

NormalizedResult = 100 * ((YI-Lowest(YI,Pds))
                   / (Highest(YI,Pds)-Lowest(YI,Pds)));

--
Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO