Normalising ranges

Can someone help me with this please...?

I have two oscillators with different ranges. They aren't bound between
fixed ranges (such as between -100 and +100) but vary according to the
data. Neither actually has an upper or lower limit although they do have
their own "average" range.

When they are plotted on the same chart their crossover points are
interesting. I'd like to code this into a system test but can't because
although they cross visually on the chart, their values are different
(er, make sense?).

So I figure I need something like a normalisation function to make both
their ranges the same. Can some maths-type person help, please...?

Thanks.

Ian