Re: MB's AAMA vs OddBall, any comments?

I have been trading the regular Oddball for clients on & off since
mid-November of last year.  I have only one (1) client that I have traded
since Jan 1, 2002  through today, 6/3/02.  The actual performance results
net of all fees and commissions are as follows:

Jan:    - 1.17%

Feb:    + 13.58%

Mar:    + 8.52%

Apr:    - 14.27%

May:    + 0.01%

June (as of today's trading day - 6/3/02): + 2.65%

YTD net returns:  + 7.35%

Since I have not been a CTA during this period (we are now and the D. Docs
should be back from the NFA sometime soon for the program), I did not charge
2% management fees, etc. BUT I did charge $25 a RT!  Since most of you
obviously trade your own account and don't pay those high commissions, your
results would have been better.  If I had been trading at a RT rate of
$12.50 "all-in" per contract (half of what I've been charging) - the net
results would have been + 14.25% net of fees & commissions.

Now here's the twist - I traded the Oddbal purely mechanically - taking
EVERY signal from 1/1/02 - 4/30/02 - holding overnight and weekends.  After
the massive drawdown in April, I decided to: a)    close out positions over
weekends  b)    wait 5 minutes after the new hour when Economic reports come
out at 10 am EST to initiate a new trade if the program signals a reversal
for the first hour of trading on the model from the night before c) closing
out positions intra-day if I observe static pricing (4 consecutive 15 minute
bars in same price range).

by doing the above, I believe it played a major factor in why I returned a
flat performance mark for May whereas per my research if not implemented
during last month - I would have drew down again much like this past April.

My own opinion is that we may continue to see this ugliness with the model
getting chopped up like April & May throughout the summer.  Some ideas would
be perhaps to work on combining the Oddball Model as is with pre-calculated
support/resistance numbers and take only Oddball trades based on S/R numbers
acting as a filter?  At least through the anticipated choppy summer.  I'd
love to see some results if someone can program that!

Best wishes,

Mike Herron
Viper Trading, LLC.
www.vipertrading.com