From: Jim Johnson [mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 10:35 AM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx; LaciG
Cc: Mark Brown
Subject: Re: MB's AAMA vs OddBall, any comments?

Hello LaciG,

don't know why no discussion but could be that it is apparently date
protected--will expire at end of June unless Mark gives additional
passwords.  I don't know how much effort to put into it.

 My very preliminary try of the system was not encouraging.

it appears Mark is suggesting that smoothing the Advancing issues
stream will give a better or acceptable signal.  Christian Stremiz (?)
contributed a similar idea a few months ago using some sort of signal
processing approach.  His system didn't seem to do as well as some
others (BobR's for example).

Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx