Re[2]: The TGTBT System

Hello Peter,

Ok let's (I think your wrong) assume they are not the same company.
The current company has partners - read what CFTC action was declared
against their partner below. Now what do you think?

http://www.tradersinternational.net/strategic_partners.asp

PA> I  don't  think  that's  the  same  operation....the  one with the
PA> actions in the 1980's was a futures broker of similar name.

0289721 GLOBAL FUTURES EXCHANGE & TRADING CO INC
    CEA 4b(a)(i) - CHEATING OR DEFRAUDING ANOTHER PERSON PROHIBITED
    CEA 4b(a)(iii) - WILLFUL DECEPTION/ATTEMPT PROHIBITED
0298348 READ, ERON DEMIAN CEA 4b(a)(i) - CHEATING OR DEFRAUDING ANOTHER PERSON PROHIBITED
    CEA 4b(a)(iii) - WILLFUL DECEPTION/ATTEMPT PROHIBITED
    CEA 4o(1) - FRAUD BY CTA AND CPO
    CFTC4.41(a) - ADVERTISING BY CPO/CTA

http://www.daytrade4less.com/home.html

BASIC Narrative
GLOBAL FUTURES EXCHANGE & TRADING CO INC
NFA ID 0289721
CFTC Case No. 00-14

You   should   note   that  the  following  narrative(s)  may  contain
information  about other persons or firms who were charged in the same
case  as  the  person  or  firm  you  are researching. Please read the
narrative(s)  information carefully to determine if it pertains to the
person or firm you are researching.

CFTC  News  Release  4397-00  For  Release  May 1, 2000 CFTC FILES TEN
ACTIONS  ALLEGING  FRAUDULENT  INTERNET PROMOTION OF COMMODITY TRADING
SYSTEMS  AND  ISSUES  CONSUMER ADVISORY CFTC Issues Ten Orders Against
Fraudulent  Internet  Promoters; CFTC also Warns the Public to Be Wary
of  Websites  which  Claim  that  Purchasers  of  Trading  Systems and
Advisory  Services  Will  Make  Substantial  Profits and Be Exposed to
Minimal  Risk  of  Loss  WASHINGTON  --  The Commodity Futures Trading
Commission  (CFTC) announced today that it has commenced a coordinated
enforcement initiative aimed at cleaning up websites that fraudulently
promote  commodity  trading  systems  and advisory services. Commodity
trading  systems  typically  are  computerized  programs  that  signal
members  of  the  public  when  to  buy  and  sell futures and options
contracts based on technical analysis of market trends. As part of its
initiative,  the  CFTC  is: -- instituting and simultaneously settling
ten  administrative  proceedings;  and  -- issuing a Consumer Advisory
warning  the  public  about  false  and  misleading claims on websites
touting  the  purported  performance  of  trading systems and advisory
services.  According  to CFTC Chairman William J. Rainer: The Internet
provides  many  benefits  to  the  investing  public,  but it can also
provide  a  means  for  some  web  operators  to  make  misleading  or
fraudulent  claims  about their investment strategies. Today's actions
by  the  CFTC  should  help remind consumers to be very skeptical when
someone  promises  amazing  investment profits with little or no risk.
And  these  actions  should  also be a warning to the sellers of these
systems  that  the  CFTC will vigorously pursue fraudulent advertising
and  solicitation  --  on  the Internet and through traditional media.
Phyllis  Cela,  Acting Director of the CFTC's Division of Enforcement,
also  commenting  on  the  CFTC's enforcement initiative, said: In the
last  couple  of  years,  we  have  seen  an increase in the number of
commodity   trading   systems   fraudulently  advertised  on  Internet
websites.  Unscrupulous  promoters  have misrepresented that they have
earned  enormous profits by trading according to the signals generated
by  their  trading  systems.  The CFTC’s investigations have revealed,
however,  that  the claimed results were false and often were based on
hypothetical  or  simulated trading, not actual trading in futures and
options  markets.  Through  today’s  enforcement  actions and Consumer
Advisory,  the  CFTC  reminds  the  public  to investigate exaggerated
profit  claims  before  committing  personal  savings to risky trading
ventures.  The CFTC's enforcement initiative has been coordinated with
similar  actions  taken  today by the Federal Trade Commission and the
Securities  and  Exchange  Commission.  CFTC  Finds  that Ten Internet
Promoters of Trading Systems and Advisory Services Engaged in Fraud In
the  ten  orders  issued  today,  the  CFTC  found  that  promoters of
commodity   trading   systems  and  advisory  services  (collectively,
"respondents")  made  fraudulent  performance claims on their Internet
websites.  Many  of  the  respondents falsely claimed that performance
results  were  based  on real trading, when, in fact, the results were
based  on  hypothetical trading. Some respondents also falsely claimed
personal success in trading with their systems. One respondent claimed
significant  profits based on hypothetical trading but never disclosed
that  he had actually lost money trading with his system. In addition,
in  one  case,  the CFTC found that the respondents -- the promoter of
the  trading  system and a registered introducing broker -- made false
claims  concerning  a  rebate plan the introducing broker was offering
customers of the promoter. Respondents neither admitted nor denied the
findings  entered  by  the  CFTC.  The following respondents and their
websites  were  the  subjects  of  the CFTC orders: Firm or Individual
(click  to  view  Order):  Website Address: Oasis Publishing Corp. and
Gordon  J.  White http://www.pr-success.com/ http://www.risktaker.com/
Mohammed    Najib   Taybi   http://www.yenman.com/   John   B.   Reily
http://www.bonds2000.com/  Paul  B.  Judd  and Paul Judd International
Corp.    Michael    P.    Calo    d/b/a    First   Financial   Trading
http://www.insiders-report.com/    Christopher    F.    Salter   d/b/a
Christopher  Fernwick  www.learntoprofit.com/futures/index.htm  RS  of
Houston  http://www.rsofhouston.com/  Eron  Demian  Read d/b/a New Age
Trading   Techniques   Global   Futures  Exchange  &  Trading  Company
http://www.natt.net/  Trendy  Systems,  LLC;  Allan  P. Harris; Joseph
Prewitt  http://www.trendysystems.com/  Ellery  Coleman  d/b/a Granite
Investments   www.choicedaytrades.com   The  ten  orders  require  the
promoters  to  cease  and  desist from violating the provisions of the
Commodity  Exchange  Act  (CEA)  and  the CFTC's regulations which the
Commission  found  they violated; to undertake, among other things, to
make  no  unsubstantiated  profit  or  risk claims; and to pay $10,000
civil  monetary penalties, unless respondents have demonstrated to the
Commission  that  they do not have the financial ability to pay such a
penalty.  Advisory  Warns  Members of the Public to Beware of Websites
Selling  Commodity  Trading  Systems  that Guarantee High Profits with
Minimal Risks The CFTC's Advisory, also issued today, warns the public
to  be  skeptical  when  promoters  of  commodity  trading systems and
services  claim that their systems and services earn high profits with
minimal  risks.  The  Advisory further warns that some trading systems
trigger   frequent   trading  signals,  which  result  in  substantial
commissions   and   fees   that  can  have  a  substantial  effect  on
profitability.  Consumers  are  reminded  that  no  trading system can
guarantee  profits  and,  whether  or  not  a  trading system is used,
trading  commodity  futures  and  options  is  typically  a  high-risk
endeavor. The Advisory points out that at times these websites falsely
claim  that  performance  results  are based on real trading, when, in
fact,  the  results are based on hypothetical trading. As the Advisory
emphasizes, hypothetical trading results do not reflect actual trading
results;  instead,  trading  systems  promoters typically pretend that
they traded futures contracts at market prices that occurred some time
in  the  past. The Advisory notes that hypothetical trading results do
not  account  for real market conditions that affect trading decisions
and  may  not take into account the financial ability of the trader to
handle  trading  losses. Hypothetical results also may not account for
the  cost  of  purchasing  and using the systems and trading including
commissions, and may be susceptible to rigging by promoters who select
historical  trades  that  would have yielded the greatest returns. The
Advisory  provides  a  checklist  of  questions  to  help consumers in
deciding  whether  to use a trading system, and reminds consumers: "If
it  sounds to be good to be true, it probably is too good to be true."
# # #

--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx