Gentlemen, Thank You

Dear Group,

Last week was in many ways my week in hell --- with software & hardware
problems.

The week before, I had bought a Dell P3/500 over eBay.  I FDISK'd and
FORMAT'd it, then installed Win98 and TS4, but I just could not get it
to recognize that peskie TS dongle.  I asked for suggestions here and
received many.  Despite my efforts, attempting virtually all your
suggestions (save for installing an auxiliary printer port), I just
could not get the Dell to recognize that damned apparatus !!!

I then regrouped, deciding to use the Dell for my general purpose
computer instead --- and use a clone P3/500 that I have been using as my
general purpose computer for my TS computer.  I FDISK'd and FORMAT'd it,
then installed Win98 and TS4.  And, of course, the clone recognized the
dongle on the first try.  Why the clone did and the Dell didn't remains
to be determined --- by someone else.

I also had problems in getting a combination of historical and realtime
data to plot coherently.  Apparently what happened there was that when I
downloaded the historical data, the computer on which I did that was set
for a date that was the date of the following day.  As a consequence of
that and the date that daylight savings took effect, the historical data
got date-stamped as if daylight savings had already taken effect ---
messing up the charting process.

I published my woes on this newsgroup, as regards both my dongle
recognition and my data sharing problems, and received many replies and
suggestions.  I just want to take the time to acknowledge the many notes
I received and express my gratitude to you all for taking your time to
help me with your many and generous ideas.  Thank you.

Things are back to normal here, more or less, and I am indeed glad to
turn my efforts from the intricacies of computers to that of trading and
the markets.  Thank you again for all your help.

Sincerely,

Richard