Re: Stand alone program

>> If you really want to protect your system but sell it at the same
>> time, you might consider keeping it to yourself and issuing buy/sell
>> signals on a web site.  Then nobody has access to your software,
>> only the output.
>
>Use the win32 function GetVolumeInformation() to grab the serial
>number of the c: drive. Send that serial number, along with the
>id and password, to a server for authentication.

Bad.  Computer parts are interchangeable.  This is the same kind of
crap that Microsoft is trying to foist on customers with Windows
XP.  I've replaced hard drives, or moved software between different
machines, several times.  In many cases I have software installed
on multiple machines (like a desktop for home use, and a laptop for
travel).  The point is, software licenses should apply to use by
human beings, not specific computers.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com