Re: Trading computer

> That having been said, I "bought out" the leased one I have and am
> looking for a "barebones" P4 (or better?) into which I can copy the
> contents of my harddrive.  No need for speakers, monitors or any
> other "bells and whistles".
>
> Anyone have a credible referral?

newegg.com is a great source for parts, but I don't see any pre-built
systems in their listings.

I built my Athlon XP 1700+ box from parts bought from
www.directron.com and www.mwave.com.  Both good outfits.  Mwave
offers barebones systems with case, mobo, CPU, RAM, but no HD --
you'd have to add your own, but that's easy.
http://direct.mwave.com/mwave/ProdBBONE-INTEL.hmx?UID=&CID=&Back=BBONE%2Ehmx%3F

Mwave will also assemble & test any set of hardware you choose for
$80.

If you don't want to build your own, you could go to
http://www.systemquote.com/desktop -- they have a number of different
configurations that you can customize to what you want.  They build
it and test it, and even warrantee it.  I haven't used them
personally but I've seen good reviews for them.

Gary