Re: E-Mini bid, ask, and trade in Time and Sales

Richard,

You should never see 25 bids at a price and 50 asks at the SAME price at the
SAME time because, as you said, 25 trades should have taken place and only
25 on the ask should remain. However, depending upon how you are receiving
these quotes, it may appear as if they are both present at the same time.

Your comment that the bids and asks are 'scrolling' leads me to think that
you may only be seeing the bids/asks when they are 'added' - and not when
they are being 'pulled'. I am not familiar with the TS6 Time and Sales
screen but if its the same as quote.com's scrolling ticker, that would
explain the apparent anomaly.

So the 25 bids you see scroll past have already been pulled (and your
scrolling ticker won't notify you of that) before you see the 50 asks being
added at that same price.

Rgds,

Kim