From: "ztrader" <ztrader@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bob Fulks" <bfulks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; "Melody Blais" <mblais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"President" <OfficeOfTheCEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 8:17 PM
Subject: Re[2]: An open letter to TradeStation users from Bill and Ralph
Cruz

: On Thursday, March 28, 2002, 5:12:44 PM, Bob Fulks wrote:
:
: BF> At 2:57 PM -0500 3/28/02, Melody Blais wrote:
:
: >>An open letter from Bill and Ralph Cruz has just been posted addressing
: >>numerous changes in our business policy and pricing based on user
requests.
: >>I thought you might like to see it.
:
: BF> (They supply 1-tick bars but only very little data - far too
: BF> little for meaningful backtesting.)
:
: Agreed!! I like tick charts, and I use some *very* long charts in real
: time - *essential* for me.
:
: BF> 1-minute bars are simply too course for trading today.
:
: Agreed!!
:
: BF> We certainly do not need the 40,000 bars per day of a 1-tick chart
: BF> for backtesting
:
: I *like* long charts, and use many 40,000 bar charts regularly, but
: not necessarily 1-tick.
:
: BF> Using 0.1-minute resolution would require only 4000 bars in a day
:
: But NOT a substitute for multi-tick charts.
:
: BF> We all have lots of existing data - going far back in time. We
: BF> need to be able to use that data for backtesting. The ability to
: BF> load OMZ and XPO files into a chart (even if they are not stored
: BF> in a server) would be a great convenience.
:
: Not a convenience - essential. Also, we need to keep that data
: updated without going thorough ridiculous procedures.
:
: BF> ASCII might be OK but it is pretty verbose.
:
: Given the closed nature of TS data formats, I'd actually prefer good
: ASCII tools and inputs, bug as they are.
:
: BF> A winning combination would be historical data-on-demand for
: BF> loading a chart, as they do now, plus satellite data to update the
: BF> charts on a tick-by-tick basis.
:
: Sounds good.
:
: I have a need for extensive continuous contracts, and I use more than
: *one* kind of rollover. This is essential!
:
: BF> I do not know their policy for this but some reasonable price for
: BF> a development station (using intraday data but not requiring
: BF> real-time data) would be needed.
:
: Agreed!
:
: BF> I understand that the new "research version" only works on
: BF> "end-of-day data". That will not do it.
:
: Agreed!
:
: BF> Quality