Re: An open letter to TradeStation users from Bill and Ralph Cruz

Adding to Bob's list:

1) Although they may be loath to open up the "third party data" genie for
backtesting purposes, I believe that people will still pay monthly for TS6
based on it's overall usefullness (with or without the broker services). You
want to trade using their live data, fine.. it's convenient, it's relatively
lag free... you don't... that's fine too. Want to backtest with ASCII...
fine... I'd LOVE to speed up the concept building stage with TS6's faster
and more direct interaction with strategies and inputs.... BUT, we simply
HAVE to have access to years of intraday data to make TS6 our "main squeeze,
gotta have it" tool. There *is* a reason why no one serious about their
system work will give up 2000i and TS4. Do they want to? You bet! You want
the answer? Answer the question!

2) FIX the Sharpe Ratio etc. etc. etc.

3) Revamp the Reporting features to allow more optimizing options (like sort
by Sharpe).

4) Allow trades intrabar on "this bar" to match real time indicator action.
Need to finally eliminate the choice of either "enter at close" or setting
up stops. More and more I'm seeing systems that react "right now" at the
tick level. This relic of EOD style trading is way past its prime.

Basically, TS6 took a nice sized step to make the path from idea to testing
faster and more intuitive... if THAT ONE feature set can be extended, then
allowing third party data is a no risk, no brainer for Cruz and co.... we'll
want it because it's so damn **useful** (ala the RavenQuote model).  And
frankly, from a business standpoint, it allows them time to further develop
their trading platform.

Best regards,

Gene Pope