Re[4]: TS2ki on Windows 2000 Pro

On Monday, March 25, 2002, 10:04:29 AM, Jimmy wrote:

J> it takes 1 min 15 seconds to open all workspaces and charts
J> correctly. Does that seem fast or slow to you?

Sounds about right for most folks, but is not indicative of heavy
computation. In particular, the operations are completed so fast
there is little chance that you would see the "pending operation"
problem I mentioned.

To get a feel for what a heavy computation load might do to TS, copy
the following simulation study into TS and run it. You can adjust the
parameters to get as heavy a load as you might want. Len increases the
load rapidly, Iter lets you adjust it in a more linear fashion, and
you can vary the number of bars on the chart.

Adjust it so it takes about 5-10 minutes to compute. This will give
you enough time to try out a few other things - go to other charts,
customize toolbars, adjust other study parameters, open workspaces and
charts, etc.

If you can do these operations repeatedly without screwing up TS2k,
please let me know. It might be indicative of some other problem in my
setup. With enough self help, we might be able to get TS2k to be
better.

Thanks for the reply.

ztrader

{ TS study: Computing
        simulates heavy computation load
}
Input:  Len ( 10 ) , Iter(1)  ;
Vars:   Wahi (0) , WaLo (0) , WaCl (0) , x(0)
         ;

for x = 1 to Iter begin
  Wahi = WAverage(WAverage(WAverage(WAverage(High, Len) , Len) , Len) , Len) ;
  WaLo = WAverage(WAverage(WAverage(WAverage(Low, Len) , Len) , Len) , Len) ;
  WaCl = WAverage(WAverage(WAverage(WAverage(Close, Len) , Len) , Len) , Len) ;
end;
        Plot1( Wahi , "Wahi" );
        Plot2( WaLo , "Walo" );
        Plot3( WaCl , "Wacl" );