Re[4]: Windows 2000 v's NT4.0 SP 5 for 2000i

ZG> Is there anybody that can draw a TRENDLINE IN REAL TIME and keep
ZG> adjusting it without 2000i crashing? I suspect the answer is no.

Sure.  I  have  and I do. On the NQ and ES, especially right
off the open of RTH. I've got manual lines with SNAP enabled
that  I adjust. I've also got system drawn trend lines (Gary
Fritz  has  an  excellent  indicator  called Trade Marker at
traders2traders)  when  I'm  working on some new system idea
using real time data.

In  other  workspaces,  running  concurrently are one or two
mechanical  systems  with  charts  and  strategies that will
signal an alert when triggered.

Now,  I've got nothing special for a machine that I run this
on:  P667,  512M  RAM, 40G HDD. There are also lots of other
programs   junking   this  machine  up:  Office2000,  Opera,
previously TS4, etc. TS is 2000i SP5.0822.

I don't do anything special, and I'm not having problems, so
I'm  considering  myself  *extremely* lucky. This thread and
the  problems  some  people are having with the software are
real and ugly. It certainly has made me quite concerned (and
nervous about what I'm relying on for trading...)

--
Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO

PS: I apologize for making a posting right before I leave on
vacaction  for  three days, but I felt that it was important
to   answer.   So,  really,  I'm  not  ducking  out  on  any
followup....just delaying a few days. <grin>