Re: Broker...

Hi Tom,

TN> I'm looking for a broker that offers an API that you
TN> can interface with your own application.

       For  simplicity  and  a  quick  start, IB's automated
       trading is very hard to beat.

TN> I was thinking of IB, but the 'press' they have
TN> received here in the past day or so kind of put me
TN> off them.

       I've  been  a  customer  of  Interactive Brokers from
       within  a  month  of  when  they  went  retail.  Many
       thousand  trades later, I'll say I'm a very satisfied
       customer.  I've  also used JTrader for the last year.
       Both  will have feed problems independent of anything
       at  the  CME,  or  whatever  other  exchange  you are
       trading.

       If you are looking for a lot of personalized support,
       then IB's not the place. They have a lot of customers
       (small  retail ones...), and, I'd expect, if they are
       experiencing  any  systemic  problems,  everyone will
       hear   about   it  from  many  users  on  newsgroups,
       maillists, and boards everywhere.

       So,  my point is that one shouldn't assume that other
       trading  platforms/feeds don't have similar problems.
       My  personal  observation  is that my other feed goes
       down  three  times  as  often as any problem I've had
       with  IB  (both  are  very  low  percentages of total
       uptime--very low.)

       Depending  on  your  level of risk, tolerance for it,
       type  of  systems  you  trade, etc., it may be a good
       idea to consider Broker..."s"

--
Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO