A Professional comments on Pierre's software - - -

Before any of you go out and drop 29.5 G's (or even 5
G's) on any of Pierre's creations (or any other system
vendor) you may want to read one of the better emails
I received on Friday. This guy asked me to please not
mention specifically his former occupation (which
unfortunately would add even more validity to his
creditials). Note what he mentions though about his
previous career and you'll probably figure it out:

Beyond:

I've been trying for years to find something that will
work Out Of Sample.
No luck; no big money lost so far, except Trade
Station costs.

Spent 3 months one winter, trying to get Safir-X to
generate a trading system that would work OOS- no
cigar.  In fairness to Pierre, he did
offer good technical support, and really tried to help
me succeed. However, I think Pierre's Back Prop NN
algorithm does not generalize well into
new, unseen market behavior (other NN algorithms may
work better, but this is not clearly supported by
research).  But it was Au Revoir. Never saw anything
from Safir-X that came close to adequate OOS
performance.

It was a demo, so I never got stuck paying the big
money Pierre is asking, for a product that did not
succeed for me.

Spent the last 2 years trying to get various Trade
Station systems developed in several markets, but they
always failed in OOS tests.

Worked with Neural Shell for 6 weeks:  No luck.  Got
most of my money back.

Just spent 6 weeks with another trading software
package:  No successful OOS performance that is even
remotely tradable.  Supposed to get my money
back.

And I've got programming skills, and scientific
research credentials/publications from a previous
career!

I'm mad, and though I've been personally lucky so far,
I'm tired of hearing about the men and women who spent
big money on trading software, and ended up holding
the bag (a lot of my friends).  No one should have to
spend money on trading software that is bogus.

Now, after your post, I can get what I want cheap,
work with it for as long as I like, and if I ever do
get something that does work, I'll gladly
go to the vendor, and buy the latest version at the
retail price.

Knowing that some sincere vendors do put in
considerable cost and effort into their products, my
conscience would push me to purchase the latest
version, at the current price. After I know the stuff
really works, and I can build a career on it.

No more "30 day trials" that expire before I really
have had the time to thoroughly research and test out
trading software.

Thanks from a grateful aspiring trader.

Beyond sez:" Ok, Pierre, it's time to put up that
.ela, or shut up. Prove your stuff works. No more
beating around the bush, no more delays."