Re: OffTopic Security ZoneAlarmPro & TS6 & Windows2000

  • To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: OffTopic Security ZoneAlarmPro & TS6 & Windows2000
  • From: DH <catapult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 20:53:16 -0800

> I lost you because I could not resove the references between your DMZ
> computer and the "non-existent" computer. Are you saying that your LinkSys
> router allows you to specify *two* IP addresses -- one specifically for a
> DMZ and another to forward to another IP?

I don't actually have a computer hooked up to the DMZ. But, I tell the
router I do have one and it's at xxx address which is an internal IP
address on my LAN that isn't being used for anything. So, when a snooper
comes looking, he gets routed to xxx address and there's no computer
there. His inquiry just disappears into bit heaven. :-)

--
  Dennis