RE: OffTopic Security ZoneAlarmPro & TS6 & Windows2000

> > I lost you because I could not resove the references between your DMZ
> > computer and the "non-existent" computer. Are you saying that
> your LinkSys
> > router allows you to specify *two* IP addresses -- one
> specifically for a
> > DMZ and another to forward to another IP?
>
> I don't actually have a computer hooked up to the DMZ. But, I tell the
> router I do have one and it's at xxx address which is an internal IP
> address on my LAN that isn't being used for anything. So, when a snooper
> comes looking, he gets routed to xxx address and there's no computer
> there. His inquiry just disappears into bit heaven. :-)

Thank you, Dennis, for explaining how the router foils illegitimate
requests. And so how do *legitimate* requests come through the router from
the outside to your internal LAN to a real computer in the DMZ? Does your
Linksys router handle that?

Thanks,
Wes