Re: AW: Wealth Crap

I started using system writer when it first came out, and been through hell
and back with omega and I am still here trading daily with it but please
keep your advertising MR Nice guy image to yourself:

On the surface Wealth CRAP looks great,

Built in 3d charts (bid f**ing deal): use excel its much more powerful
Portfolio testing: NO way man, just dig in there and you will see a scary
collection of quirks, calculation error etc etc
Would I use it for real-time trading NOT A CHANCE - again maybe by version
10, and that's a big maybe.
Any Database features for correctly handling contracts etc - none existenant

Their website collection of scripts - frankly there is more quality stuff
posted here on omega list everyday than their entire site.

 Just one look at their systems for free and you will see how those greatly
over exaggerated returns are generated for their scripts:

Again don't waste your time here is how: 99% of the systems are run on a
portfolio of 100 stocks. So the returns you see there are not based on
single symbol performance but aggregated results of 100 symbols, 5 years per
symbol. Now dig deeper you'll see the systems trade 1 to 5 times per symbol.
Now that what I call BS newbie shit. 100 symbols and 1 or 2 trades a symbol
in 5 years of data per symbol come on man these guys need a wake yup call.

There again its people like this that pay my mortgage. So keep at it wealth
crapers.

Again everything looks great - good hype - great marketing - site is cool
but that's where it end.

accomplishment in trading software design = BULLSHIT

therefore Wealth Crap is very appropriate label for now.

Sorry me and a few others on the list spent 4 weeks wasting our time
documenting bugs.

Keep working.

CJ