Re: eSignal w/Dynastore for TS4

Nothing wrong with BMI cable from my observation. I've been BMI's subscriber
for six and half years.  I used to collect 5 to 10 % less number of ticks
than a friend of mine. But since I cleaned up my computer system and got rid
of all the unnecessary programs, I have been in a great shape for more than
two years.

During day trading hours, I only run Excel97, TS4 and it's server under
Window98 on a 3 years old Dell computer (PII 450, 128RAM). I definitely turn
off all the memory resident programs such as anti virus, fire wall, task
schedule, etc. during trading hours. In TS4, I open up to 4 workspaces. Each
workspace has 3 to 6 windows. Each window has 7 to 18 indicators with very
complex calculations. I only let higher time frame windows recalculate every
tick. The lower time frame windows, such as 1 or 5 minutes charts, I only
allow my indicators recalculate at finished bar.

In terms of the data I collected, I think I have a very good result. For
example I have ( from midnight to midnight, 02/25/2002)

46,949 ticks for ES2H, only 6 ticks less than CME's data*
41,577 ticks for NQ2H, only 7 ticks less than CME's data
5,033  ticks for SP2H, only 7 ticks less than CME's data
1,931  ticks for ND2H, only 3 ticks less than CME's data

* CME's data is available at
http://www.cme.com/ftp.cfm/pub/gtime  and
http://www.cme.com/ftp.cfm/pub/time

So, before you clean up your computer system, please don't blindly complaint
BMI's quality. No affiliation, just a satisfied long time customer except
when I need a technical support once in a while.

BTW, I only collect 12 symbols in futures  and 30 symbols in index.

Good trading
Hango