Re: what "numbers" indicate a great system

The best answer that I can think of is Stridsman's
book "Trading Systems That Work".  He points out that
virtually all of Tradestation's and Rina's performance data
is flawed.  Any reference to $ figures or stats that used $
to calculate them sould not be used.  If I remember
correctly, he said that the only TS stats (that use
individual trade profit in calculation)that should be used
are %Wins and profit factor.  Omega and RINA have a form
letter that they send to all users that question them on
this issue.  The problem is that their letter does not
appropriately deal with the issue.

His book gives EL and Excel code that properly calculate
performance stats.  Using TS stats is dangerous to your
financial health.

Russ