Re: win XP: Gary or anyone...

I, for one, would recommend _upgrading_ to XP instead of a clean install.
If you reformat your hard drive, you can't go back.  Upgrading, though,
gives you the option to roll back the upgrade in case things don't work out.
I upgraded from Me to XP on my Gateway Athlon 1400MHz in mid-December and
had a difficult time with my Colorgraphics video card and Diamond HomeFree
Wireless network.  I ultimately replaced the Colorgraphics card with a
Matrox G550 and the HomeFree network with a Netgear phone line network and
things are working again.  But when I encountered those problems, I was glad
I had the option to roll back the upgrade if necessary.

I've been very happy with XP since I got my hardware problems fixed.  XP is
rock solid and never crashes.  It boots in 33 seconds flat.  Tradestation
2000i works fine.  I recently converted from Fat32 to NTFS and deleted the
100+ megs of ME recovery information.  I'm sticking with XP.

I do have three XP complaints, though...
-- Scandisk is no longer a program listed in the accessories-system tools
directory.  I am forced to go through the properties screen of My Computer
to get to it.
-- When I was replacing my network and video cards, I had to call Microsoft
to get XP "reactivated".  XP decided to shut down on me because the hardware
"signature" had changed too much.  Easily fixed with a phone call, though.
-- MS Messenger automatically starts when you start Outlook Express.  How
annoying is that?  I read about a registry key fix and tried it, but it
didn't work.

Anyone want to buy a Colorgraphics Predator Pro PCI dual DVI video card?
Works great as long as you don't already have a Savage video "card" onboard
your motherboard.

Aaron