From: "Jim Johnson" <jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 9:19 AM
Subject: OFF TOPIC: Pls critique my backup plan

: Hello omega-list,
:
:   I'm not a computer tech guy--that said, here's what I've concluded
: about several goals I have
:
: 1--get to Windows 2000
:
: 2--backup the two machines I use for trading.
:
:         (both are 20 G HD, FAT32, 768 meg RAM, 433 and 500 mHz,win98
:         SE)
:
: Assumptions:
:
: W2k is best with clean install on new HD.
:
: HD's are cheaper than my time.
:
: Plan:
:
: buy two new 20 G HD's, 7200 rpm
:
: install W2k on them w NTFS format resulting in a dual boot
: arrangement.
:
: use XactCopy by DuoCor to for backup utility.
:
: at my own pace move files to W2k HD and use W98 HD for backup.
:
: thanks for any comments or suggestions.
:
:
:
: --