Re: <<<GLOBAL SERVER crashing with DTN feed FINALLY FIXED ???>>>

BlackCloudOver:

Actually, i also have been experiencing almost your same troubles... i
signed up for DTN... MB deal... to start 12/1/01.  Have just been changed to
"instant quotes" for real time futures, stocks, indices, options on
futures... etc... now have a B8000 box (for GE-1 Sat)... today installed the
new receiver & a slightly larger dish... was just told by Tech that we
probably could have merely changed out the LNB!!  Am getting a reading of
100 on the LED... but no data thruput to TS 2000i-822.  At 6:00 pm, DTN;s
Stan suggested I call their ED in the morning.  It's lovely how 2000i has
filters, but they're so broad!!! My  first attempt at a data base resulted
in over 130,000 symbols!  I'm now down to 5,000 with futures, NY, 10 NAZ
stocks, ...

now... it's midnite in dallas & i'm still not receiving data from the
receiver into TS 2000i... i am however getting a strong signal & current
from the dish to receiver (100/100).

after they changed my box, subscription about 3 or 4 times, new dish (.2
meters larger!) & waited a long time to find a four people who know what
they are doing (Tech Support: Ed, Stan, Jason; and Bobbie Prososki in sales)
things are looking up... i hope... all i need is a chart that updates from
data received.

I did experience a couple a blue screens while in Global Server doing a sort
of the symbol portfolio when deleting a few of my 130,000 sybols!

let's keep in touch... i'm trying to make this thing (2000i) work, but it is
not easy.  If it doesn't fly pretty soon, not sure what i'll do, as i'm not
going back to BMI & am married to with DTN  for a long time... i hear DTN
(Dynastore) will soon have data for TS 4.0... not sure what the Dynastore
costs may be, but i'm not aware they have a product yet.

preston