<<<GLOBAL SERVER crashing with DTN feed FINALLY FIXED ???>>>

Thanks to all who contributed ideas to fix it:

8 weeks, over $600 in probably uneccessary new
hardware and hundreds of hours of frustration later:

It appears I FINALLY got my system ironed out and
global server ver 822 not crashing now. What was the
main problem ?

Best I can determine it was global server ver 822 not
liking entire symbol collection templates for both
futures & indices dumped on it all at once (I'm
receiving delayed futures and real time indices - a
"Mark Brown Deal"). Perhaps the delayed plus real time
data was causing this problem ?

Only way I could get it to work was to gently apply
DTN indices only (US indices) and allow GS to "cook"
over a weekend. Next, backup entire server folder and
then MANUALLY enter just CME futures for NAZ, eminis,
S&P (both globexes, big contracts and eminis). Note
that receiver locked up one hour after entering CME
futures and I had to reboot all.
Let GS "cook" one more day, back up server folder and
then manually enter CBOT 30 yr. bond futures (US) with
squinting eyes and fingers crossed.
Now, I have what I need and GS is rock solid stable
(so far).

Why I had to be the guinea pig on this deal I'll never
know . . .

Shadow