Re: Well, isn't THIS just special...

This TS "feature" is getting more interesting all the time..

Because of a request from someone, I plotted POSS in TS6 just to see what it
would do to a thinly traded symbol. The results speak for themselves.

On 2/01, if you step through the time stamps of the 1 min. bar intervals,
you get something like this:

10:25
10:31
10:36
10:37
10:40
10:44
10:46
11:03  (!!!!!)

This is not a tick chart... this is not a point and figure chart... this is
not 3 point break... this is *suppossed* to be an IN-TER-VAL chart, you
know... based on TIME?? As in, plotting indicators according to price and
TIME???

This answers **so** many damn questions in my mind... How many people out
there, for example, who tried to run versions of Oddball on smaller then 60
min. intervals, with the intention of sampling the data on the hour,
scratched their heads that the results were all over the place and didn't
match the original?

I mean, technically speaking, on POSS, even if you were charting on 5 min
intervals (as someone suggested earlier), that nice gaparoo between 10:46
and 11:03 woulda gotcha big time. And please spare me the lecture about the
wisdom of trading such a thin stock... it's an extreme example, but I
counted 3 dropped minutes on the ND on the same day... that's BS!

Am I the only one that sees the idiocy here? Every charting program I've
*ever* used that has quality indicator plots would be gone in a second if
they started arbitrarily dropping whole bars of time... A simple moving
average will still approach a flat line over time for god's sake...

I am truly dumbstruck. I never would have even considered that a so-called
professional charting program could actually seriously consider that this
logic is correct. And you can have all this for only $795/mo?

PHEH!!

Gene Pope