Re: Well, isn't THIS just special...

Gene:

Not certain if this is related, but I guess it's not
possible to "look" in global server under TS6 under
edit symbol and look for tick intervals.

I found using TS2K that Esignal was only transmitting
ticks if the close was different for $TYX (30 year
interest rate at CBOE). In certain times they would
not transmit for more than an hour. When I questioned
them about it they started backstepping.  Then I found
a lady who ran the data division at CBOE and she was
kind enough to email me $TYX data showing ticks like
every 15 seconds for the same date/time Esignal was
"filtering" their data.

When I confronted Esignal they finally fessed up to
their only transmitting when a close was different. I
then asked them to reveal how many other symbols they
were practicing this same voodoo on. They became
silent. I quickly dumped them.

As you know, if the data vendor does not transmit ALL
the ticks regardless of whether the tick is the same
or different - - - your charting program cannot build
bars without a certain number of ticks. In my case I
had big holes in my data even when I was charting 60
min. bars of $TYX. Obviously this ruined the analysis
I was running in TS2K.

I noticed Quote.com and SPComcast furnished ticks
every minute or less for $TYX during this same period
of time.

Obviously, Esignal is saving money on data
transmission costs at the expense of the trader
working working with their poor quality data (and
increasing the trader's risk of poorly timed trades).

Shadow