Why does (Close Data2 > EntryPrice) nullifies entire If /Then statement?

The Condition1 = Close Data2 < EntryPrice;  works great & it recognizes
EntryPrice is referring to Data2  (even though it won't allow me to specify
EntryPrice Data2).  My If / Then strategy is executed as expected.

yet when when I need to specify Condition2 = Close Data2  > EntryPrice;
The entire If / Then Statement I put the condition into is ignored as if it
is somehow confused.

Important point:  If Data1 & Data2 are identical symbols, the Condition2
works perfect.   When Data1 & Data2 are different symbols, then Condition2
goes on strike :  (

All advice is welcome!!!!!!!