Re: Why does (Close Data2 > EntryPrice) nullifies entire If /Thenstatement?

At 02:12 PM 02/03/02, you wrote:
>The Condition1 = Close Data2 < EntryPrice;  works great & it recognizes
>EntryPrice is referring to Data2  (even though it won't allow me to specify
>EntryPrice Data2).  My If / Then strategy is executed as expected.

Are you really certain EntryPrice is referring to Data2? I think you'll find it's really based on Data1, and the condition Close of Data2 < EntryPrice is true, even though EntryPrice is based on Data1.

>yet when when I need to specify Condition2 = Close Data2  > EntryPrice;
>The entire If / Then Statement I put the condition into is ignored as if it
>is somehow confused.

Because Close of Data2 is never greater than the EntryPrice (based on Data1). Most likely because Data1 and Data2 are on different price scales, and Data2 cannot ever exceed any price in Data2. Like Data2 might be trading around 10, and Data1 trading around 1400.

>Important point:  If Data1 & Data2 are identical symbols, the Condition2
>works perfect.   When Data1 & Data2 are different symbols, then Condition2
>goes on strike :  (
>
>All advice is welcome!!!!!!!

Your EntryPrice is always based on Data1, since only Data1 can be the tradeable.

Try looking again at your results with that in mind.

If you really need to use the value of Data2 at the time of entry, then you are in for some more complicated logic to keep track of when you filled, and what price Data2 was at when your fill occurred. Then store that in a separate variable. But in general determining fills and fill prices means you are duplicating much of TS's logic, and it can be tricky.

HTH,

Mike Gossland