Re[2]: EasyLanguage protected by copyright ?

On Thursday, January 31, 2002, 9:04:55 AM, Mike Eggleston wrote:

ME> The syntatic sugar designed into EL is what allows it to be so
ME> easy in indicators and functions for financial purposes.

Up to a point this is true, for simple things, but with complex
things, it's the pits. Most times it is MUCH easier to go to another
language and do some kind of interface to TS. At best, a kludge or
'workaround' (copyright Omega) is needed. This is especially true with
the limited graphics in TS.

ME> Perl, lisp, and java would be easier than c++ or vb due to the way
ME> it handles memory management and recovery.

I'm not sure you'd want to use those for large real-time systems,
especially with a large data base. I sure wouldn't, at least.

ztrader